This fellowship is awarded to students demonstrating high academic achievement who have a severe disability. It is intended for students who plan to undertake graduate studies leading to a career in teaching at the university level, research, or politics. The chosen candidates must have Canadian, Australian or New Zealand citizenship. The fellowship is valued at $12 000 and covers all expenses related to accommodations required to compensate for the candidate’s disability during the pursuit of her/his studies. To apply for this program, the following documents must be submitted:
– A copy of the applicant’s résumé;
– A statement describing the research topic. This statement must explain how the applicant’s work can contribute to improving the living conditions of people living with disabilities;
– An official academic transcript;
– A description of the applicant’s non-academic activities and interests;
– A description of the applicant’s career goals;
– A medical certificate attesting to the nature of the applicant’s disability;
– Two letters of recommendation (excluding relatives)
Proof of Canadian citizenship or permanent Canadian residency status must be included with the application form.
For more information about this fellowship program and to obtain the application form, please contact the financial aid office at Simon Fraser University.