AQEIPS en-tête

Adapted Housing – Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean

The Residences found at l’Université du Québec à Chicoutimi (UQAC) have apartments for 4 people with reduced mobility. The procedure for admission consists of completing a form. This form can be found at the following web address:


It must be noted that the lease for these apartments are for 12 months, 9 months and 4 ½ months. Only those who opt for the 12 and 9 month time frames will have priority. For more information regarding the rules pertaining to this residence, or for information on the availability of these apartments, you can contact:

 Residential Services

 Bureau administratif P1-2050
Pavillon principal
555, boulevard de l’Université
Chicoutimi (Québec)  G7H 2B1
(418) 545-5031


Cégep de Chicoutimi, offers a room that is accessible for students with disabilities. To apply for this room, you must:


–         Fill in a request form to reserve a room and send a check for one full month of rent,

–         Sign the lease which is available on the residence Cégep de Chicoutimi website,

–         Accept the rules of the residence by signing a form listing all the rules of the residences.


In addition, you have the possibility of asking for a 12 month lease with one month free if you renew the lease. You can find a copy of the reservation form on the  résidences du Cégep de Chicoutimi website (Please  click here). You must send the form to the following address:


Service des résidences
Cégep de Chicoutimi

534, Jacques-Cartier Est
Chicoutimi (Québec)  G7H 1Z6
For information call, 
418-549-9520, extention 258

 Cégep de Jonquière offers a room for individuals with reduced mobility at there residences. The procedure to reserve this room is the same as a regular room. You must fill in a reservation form and attach two passport format photographs and a check which covers the first months rent. The check should be made out to Cégep Jonquière-Services Communautaires. All these documents should be send to the following address:


Service des résidences
Cégep de Jonquière

2505, rue Saint-Hubert
Jonquière (Québec)
G7X 7W2

 For more information you can write to the following email address: , or call:

 (418) 547-2191, extension 334
(418) 547-2191, extension 369 (Pavillon Piekouagami)
Local 108.2

 To find residences that are outside of the university, you can receive services from organizations such as the Fédération des Coopératives d’Habitation du royaume du Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean (FECHAS).  They can help you through all the steps needed to find accessible housing. The address of FECHAS is:

 Fédération des coopératives d’habitation du royaume du Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean
30, rue Racine Est, bureau 110
Chicoutimi (Québec)        G7H 1P5
418) 543-6858

 For subsidized housing you can contact l’Office Municipal d’Habitation du Saguenay for the regions of Jonquière and Saint-Félicien at: (418) 542-6472 and (418) 679-2315.