AQEIPS en-tête

Adapted Housing – Bas-Saint Laurent

If you wish to complete your post secondary studies in the Bas-Saint-Laurent region, more precisely at l’Université du Québec à Rimouski (UQAR), you can benefit from suitable accommodation in your university dorm room or in an apartment with three rooms. The procedure for this service includes completing a form on the résidences de l’UQAR website.  When completing the form you must mention that you wish to have an adapted home. Once the form is completed, you must send a check for one months rent within 10 days. It should be made out to Les Logements étudiants de l’UQAR, and sent to the following address:

 Les logements étudiants de l’UQAR

329 A, allée des Ursulines, Rimouski (Québec)  G5L 8X3
Téléphone : 418 723-4311 Télécopieur : 418 721-2817
Courriel :


Cégep de la Pocatière also offers adapted housing in their residences. To reserve a room you must to fill in an admission form and send it to the following address:

1307, 4e Avenue Painchaud, appartement 2
La Pocatière (Québec)  G0R 1Z0

 Once this form is completed, a copy of the lease and a document containing the entire procedure for the room reservation will be shipped to you. In relation to housing students, Le Cégep de La Pocatière accepts students from both  l’Institut Technologique Agroalimentaire ITA (campus de La Pocatière) and from the Centre d’études collégiales de Montmagny l’Institut Technologique Agroalimentaire ITA (campus de La Pocatière) and the Centre d’études collégiales de Montmagny. If you are an ITA student, you have the possibility of staying in residence. The application procedure is the same.

 The residences at Cégep de Rivière-du-Loup also have apartments that are accessible for individuals with reduced mobility. To reserve a room in this residence, you must fill in a form online and/or print and send to the following address:

Service du logement
Cégep de Rivière-du-Loup
325, rue Saint-Pierre
Rivière-du-Loup (Québec) G5R 1R1
(418) 862-6903, poste 2251
Courriel :

 It is important to reserve a room as soon as possible as they are given out on a “first come, first serve” basis.

Finally, if you are unable to find a room in a residence you can contact CSSS Rivière-du-Loup (Centre de Santé et de Services sociaux) at (418) 867-2642 and ask to speak to a person responsible for looking after individuals living with a disability. They can help you take the steps needed to find an adapted home. You can also contact the Centre de réadaptation l’InterAction en déficience physique at: (418) 867-5215 for Rivière-du-Loup and (418) 722-7777 for Rimouski.