AQEIPS en-tête

Adapted Housing – Montreal

If you wish to live in Montreal to study, the Résidences de l’Université de Montréal can accommodate you. You must be a Université of Montreal student. You must address the office for students with disabilities (Note: The office for students with disabilities web page is only offered in French and is called the Bureau de Soutien aux Étudiants en situation de Handicap (BSESH)).  They are in charge of evaluating your requests and assessing your needs.  Once the evaluation is complete, the office for students with disabilities will go through process of reserving an adapted studio for you. For all information relating to the residences at l’université de Montréal or BSESH you can send all questions to the following:


 Résidences de l’Université de Montréal

2350, boul. Édouard-Montpetit
Montréal (Québec)        H3T 1J4
Tél. : (514) 343-6531
Téléc. : (514) 343-2353


Bureau de soutien aux étudiants en situation de handicap (BSESH)

Pavillon J.-A.-DeSève
2332, boul. Édouard-Montpetit
Bureau B-4439
Métro Édouard-Montpetit ou autobus 51

Tél. : (514) 343-7928

Télescripteur : (514) 343-7185


Students of Polytechnique Montreal and Hautes études commerciales Montreal (HEC) are accepted into the residences of l’UDEM. To reserve a studio you must contact BSESH. 

 Concordia University has adapted rooms available in there residences. To be eligible you must be a Concordia student, have a student identification number and user name. Priority is given to students in their first year of study, and that live more than 50km outside of Montreal. The process to reserves requires a non-reimbursable deposit by credit card (Visa/Mastercard). This can be done via the Concordia University portal. You can also contact residential services by emailing them at:


Cégep de Saint-Laurent offers adapted studios via  Résidences Collégiale Saint-Laurent for individuals living with disabilities. You must be a student of Cégep de Saint-Laurent in order to be eligible. You must fill in an admission form online, or you can print it and send it to the following address:

 475, avenue Sainte-Croix
Montréal (Québec)      H4L 5P5

(514) 789-3055


 Cégep Marie-Victorin offers adapted rooms for students with disabilities. The application procedure is simple. You must fill out a form and indicate that you would like an adapted room. The form is available on the Campus Marie-Victorin residence website (Please click here).  The request for an adapted room does not commit you in any way, but it is best to send the request as early as possible as the rooms are given on a first come, first served, basis.  The lease covers a 10month period. You can contact the residence office at:

 Résidence Campus Marie-Victorin Inc.
6901, rue Marie Victorin
Montréal-Nord (Québec)     H1G 6P4

Tél. : (514) 955 -3715
Téléc. : (514) 955.7051                 

 Two studios are available at Collège Ahuntsic for individuals with motor difficulties. Reservations can be made by completing the request form online. A resource person will call and make an appointment with you to sign the lease. You can contact residential services for Collège Ahuntsic if you require additional information at:

 Résidence étudiante du Collège Ahuntsic
8755, rue Saint-Hubert
Montréal (Québec)                 H2M 0A2
(514) 389-2124 poste 7050


 Collège de Rosemont has two rooms available for individuals with disabilities. To apply for one of these rooms you can fill in a request form online on the Résidences Campus Rosemont website. Once your form has been sent, you will be contacted by residential services to continue with the reservation procedure. You can contact them at the following address and number:

Résidence Campus Rosemont Inc.
3469, rue de Bellechasse
Montréal (Québec)    H1X 3R2

(514) 448-9015 poste : 101
f. (514) 448-9014


 Students attending Cégep du Vieux-Montréal are eligible for the Rosemont residences. The application process is the same as for Rosemont students.


As you search for adapted housing in the Montreal area, you may benefit from contacting  Service Info-Logement from Centre de réadaptation Lucie-Bruneau at (514) 376-4757, extension 2268. This center is responsible for the coordination with accessible housing locations. You can also contact Muscular Dystrophy Canada at (514) 393-3522.


Finally you can contact the Fédération des coopératives d’habitation intermunicipale du Montréal Métropolitain (FECHIMM) that offers consultation services and can provide you with all the information you may need.