The AQEIPS’ Vision:
- At equal competence, hiring a person with a disability
- Access to the regular job market
- Obligation to accommodate, as stated in the Canadian Human Rights Act and the Charters
- Post-secondary studies = facilitating access to the regular job market
The AQEIPS’ Orientations:
- Persons with a post-secondary educational background should have better access to the regular job market compared to those who do not.
- Insuring reasonable accommodations by employers and aiming for permanent full-time jobs.
To achieve our goals, we must:
- Take the obligation to accommodate into account
- Take part in community life so our voice will be heard
- Strengthen our partnerships (organizations, governments, unions, etc.)
- Defend individual and collective rights and offer support to students with disabilities
- Raise awareness, inform, and educate the community